New Unified Messaging Functionality and Voice Mail Features in Exchange 2010 SP1
Seeing as Exchange 2010 SP1 has hit the streets I thought it would be a good time to remind folks of shiny new/improved service pack UC functionality, including CS ’14’ support!
Taken from Microsoft TechNet:
The Unified Messaging server role has been improved and has added new features in Exchange 2010 SP1. To use some of these features, you must correctly deploy Microsoft Office Communications Server “14” in your environment. The following is an overview of all the new features in Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging:
- UM reporting The reports for Call Statistics and User Call Logs found in the Exchange Management Console are displayed in the Exchange Control Panel.
- UM management in the Exchange Control Panel You can use the ECP to manage UM components in a cross-premises environment.
- Cross-Forest UM-enabled mailbox migration In Exchange 2010 SP1, you can use the New-MoveRequestcmdlet with the Mailbox Replication Service (MRS) to move a UM-enabled mailbox within a local forest and multiple forests in an enterprise.
- Outlook Voice Access improvements Outlook Voice Access users can log on to their Exchange 2010 mailbox and choose the order to listen to unread voice mail messages, from the oldest message first or the newest message first.
- Caller Name Display support Exchange 2010 SP1 includes support for enhanced caller ID resolution for displaying names for voice mails from unresolved numbers using Caller Name Display (CND).
- Test-ExchangeUMCallFlow cmdlet With this Exchange 2010 SP1 cmdlet, you can test UM connectivity and call flow.
- New UM Dial Plan wizard An additional page has been added to the New UM Dial Plan wizard that allows you to add a UM server to the dial plan.
- Office Communications Server “14” Support Migrating SIP URI dial plans and Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) notifications in a cross-premises environment has been added.
- Secondary UM dial plan support You can add a secondary UM dial plan for a UM-enabled user.
- UM language packs added New UM language packs are now available in Exchange 2010 SP1. In addition, the Spanish (Spain) (es-ES) UM language pack available for Exchange 2010 SP1 now includes Voice Mail Preview, a feature that wasn’t available in the Exchange 2010 RTM release of that language pack.
- Call answering rules improvements There are three updates to Call Answering Rules for UM-enabled users in SP1.
- Unified Communications Managed API/speech platform improvements Beginning with Exchange 2010 SP1, the UM server relies on Unified Communications Managed API v. 2.0 (UCMA) for its underlying SIP signaling and speech processing.
- UM auto attendant update In Exchange 2010 SP1, a UM auto attendant will play only the holiday greeting on a holiday.
For more information and details about each of these features, see New Unified Messaging Functionality and Voice Mail Features in Exchange 2010 SP1.